Skeet Shooting Excuses
Wayside Skeet Club
The ultimate purpose being to save time on the shooting stations ... when appropriate, please give the following excuses by number.
1. My trigger feels funny.
2. My barrel is bent.
3. My stock is loose.
4. The butt of my stock slipped just as I was about to fire.
5. It's a new gun and I'm not used to it yet.
6. It's an old gun and I haven't shot it in a long time.
7. It's a borrowed gun.
8. The wind made the bird wobble.
9a. I thought I saw a piece off the front.
9b. I thought I saw a piece off the back.
10a. I didn't say, "pull."
11b. That was a fast pull.
11c. That was a slow pull.
12. I had something in my eye.
13. The guy next to me flinched.
14. I never could hit that bird.
15. I closed the wrong eye.
16. I had the wrong foot position.
17. I missed on purpose to show you that I could miss.
18. If I had hit it, I would have killed a bird flying by.
19. There was some fuzz on my bead.
20. A fly landed on my gun and I mistook it for my front sight.
21. I missed due to an oval pattern.
22. Nobody yelled, "pump."
23. It was one of _______'s reloads and _______'s hulls.
24. I hate shooting after ______________ .
25. I have sunburn on my shoulder.
26. My shorts are too tight and I can't breathe right.
27. I caught my foot on a crack in the shooting pad.
28. I have slippery shoes on today.
29. Look how dirty my barrel is.
30. The moon distracted me.
31. _____________ exposed himself ... and I got to laughing.
32a. The guy ahead of me shoots too slow.
32b. The guy ahead of me shoots too fast.
33. My glasses fogged up.
34. Someone forgot to put powder in my shell.
...proposed additions include:
35. I missed on purpose because I didn't want my brother to feel bad.
36. ________________________________ by _________________
37. ________________________________ by _________________
38. ________________________________ by _________________
39. ________________________________ by _________________
40. ________________________________ by _________________
(All proposed additions will be evaluated by the "Excuses" Committee and, if deemed reasonable, will ultimately be added to the "Official" list.) We serious shooters thank you for your interest and help in making this list both thorough and inclusive ... and not taking too much time explaining your misses on the skeet field.
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF RETURNING TO THIS PAGE OFTEN, YOU MIGHT NEED TO CHECK THE TIPS PAGE ... click below.
Skeet Shooting TIPS
© 2004 (W¶W) - William P. Walton, III - All Rights Reserved